New York offers online voter registration. You can register by mail to vote in New York by printing a voter registration form, filling it out, and mailing it to your local election office. You can also register to vote in person if you prefer.
Who can register to vote?
To register in New York you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- be a resident of this state and the county, city or village for at least 30 days before the election
- be 18 years old (you may pre-register at 16 or 17 but cannot vote until you are 18)
- not be in prison for a felony conviction
- not currently be judged mentally incompetent by order of a court of competent judicial authority
- not claim the right to vote elsewhere
See links below for more details
What are key deadlines for the November 2022 election?
Absentee ballot deadlines
- Request ballot (received by): Oct 24
- Return ballot by mail (postmarked by): Nov 8
- Return ballot in person: Nov 8 by 9:00 p.m.