By Dontae Scisson
We all know quitting smoking is very hard and easier said than doing it and you have tried many times to quit but you still have the urge to do it. Here are some steps to help you quit for good. We all know the benefits of quitting the habit of smoking are saving your health, money, and loved ones from being addicted. Follow these steps and you will be happier and healthier.
- Choose a certain date to quit and write it down in a calendar, journal, or Diary.
- Think about a way to improve your health.
- Speak to your doctor about methods of quitting.
- Avoid urges.
- Reflect on your past attempts to quit.
- Talk to family and friends about quitting and why it is important to you.
- Ask them to keep tobacco or other smoking objects out of your sight and reach.
- Call 1- 866-NYquits to speak to a health expert about quitting.
- Have other nearby things to put in your mouth.
- Have a balanced diet.
- Exercise daily
- Drink plenty of Water
- Avoid Relapsing
- Look for fun activities without Tobacco.
- Look for fun ways to calm your nerves and destress yourself.
- Don’t give up when it gets hard.
- Remind yourself why you are quitting.